Saturday, June 21, 2008

I MISS MY FATHER!!!!

Today June 20th is the day I lost my father. He was very much loved by his family. Seems everyone loved Leo... A heart overflowing with a servant spirit. Leo would do anything for anybody. Go without to see others happy!
Even though he drove me around the bend with his alcoholism; when he was sober there was nobody like Leo.
His children and my Pastor and his wife were by my fathers side until his last breath! Holding his hand! Pastor King baptized my dad 2 weeks before he died. Said he repented............................. We shall see in the end I guess!!! The good news is God is going to take away the sad memories and wipe away my tears...

I love you dad and miss you more than you would ever understand!
I love you Jesus and I believe you do understand!
Earthly fathers shall pass away, but my heavenly father shall never pass away.

6 comments:

Misty Hamel said...

Mer, I can still picture your dad's face. So beautifully craggy with lines of age like my own grandpa and such great kind eyes. He was a gentle soul. I am sorry he is not still with you. Love ya! C-ya soon!!!

MERBEAR said...

Aww, sweet Misty. Your words made me cry. That is amazing to me that you remember Leo, it was 14 years ago. You must have been around 18 then. I was going to also write on my post..... he was my HERO...
Which brings to mind you tearing up that song for us and Leo. You were so kind to my family Misty.You will see them all in living color in just a short 27 days.
Cannot wait to hug you!!!

Johnny King said...

"You walk a mile. You run a mile. And before you know it you will be there."
-- Leo James

Katrina Holmes (Tina) said...

So beautiful, Mer. I can remember your dad also. I am sorry for the loss of your parents.

MERBEAR said...

My o my! Yes that was my dad's motto Pastor King. The crazy thing is,the theory is so simple and yet so profound. When I did just that I got there! Put perserverance in me!

Thank you so much my Pastor for taking me back to the fond memories of Leo.

MERBEAR said...

You are just such a sweet girl Tina. You just know when to comment and how too.
When grandparents are gone;and both parents are gone.................Sheesh!!!!
I am next!!!!!!
Sobering thought!